27 Moray Place
(03) 974 6328
BENEFITS FOR MEMBERS:
We are really excited that you’re becoming a member and joining our climbing community. As well as being able to climb whenever you like (7am to 10pm) you also get the following member-only benefits:
• Your access key tag for access outside of staffed hours
• 10% proshop discount ,
• half price guest pass
• and for first time members: a free lesson
Under 18-year olds can be members, however are only permitted to use the facility within staffed hours.
Children under 13 are required to be supervised by an adult or guardian who is either experienced, a member, or has been given an induction by a staff member.
A parent or guardian must sign the terms of membership for children under 16.
You agree to join Resistance Climbing Gym for a minimum of four weeks and agree to make Regular Payments on time for the duration of this period (even if you are not attending the gym).
After your Minimum Period ends, Regular Payments will continue until your Membership Agreement is terminated in accordance with the ‘Termination of Contract’ clause below.
You agree to pay all fees by the due date specified for payment. These fees include:
A $10 joining fee that covers your access key tag, administration and introduction to our health and safety requirements.
A membership fee of $18 each week or $36 each fortnight, direct debited or charged to your credit or debit card.
It is your responsibility to ensure your account has sufficient funds on payment day. If your membership fees are outstanding at the relevant due date you will be politely asked to settle your account before using the gym.
If your direct debit fails, we will either add the outstanding sum to the next direct debit or make additional direct debits to recover the overdue amount. We may apply reasonable administration costs to undertake this.
From time to time, there will be necessary adjustments to membership fees. After the end of your Minimum Period, we may adjust the amount of your Regular Payments, however, we will give you at least 4 weeks’ prior notice of any fee increase.
You will need to register, sign our waiver and complete our safety induction prior to using our gym.
When you sign-up we attach a photo to your account and provide you with your secure access tag.
The secure access tag is our property. You cannot lend your secure access tag or allow anyone else to use it. If you lose or damage your secure access tag, we will charge you $5 to replace it. You need to quickly advise us if it is lost.
TERMINATION OF CONTRACT
Our memberships are for a minimum of four weeks. You cannot cancel your membership within the first 4 weeks of signing up.
You can ask to cancel your membership by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation requests must be made at least one (1) week prior to your next Direct Debit being deducted from your account.
Once you have made your request, we will be in touch with you promptly to finalise the process. Direct debits of Regular Payments will be stopped after the end of your notice period.
Upon termination your access key tag must be returned, or a replacement fee of $5 will be charged.
CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We may sometimes add to, change or remove clauses in our terms and conditions. This includes changing our services, facilities, opening hours and membership fees. The most up-to-date terms and conditions apply at all times. You can find a copy on our website
• We will give you at least 28 days’ notice of any changes, for instance by;
o publishing them on our website or social media platforms;
o placing a notice in the gym;
o emailing you to the last email address we have on file;
• It is your responsibility to keep your contact details up to date.
We will not be liable for or responsible for any failure to perform any of our obligations under these General Terms that is caused or contributed to by any event that is outside our reasonable control, including without limitation acts of God, riots, acts of war, terrorism, epidemics, governmental action, fire, power failures, earthquakes or other disasters.
There may be occasions when we are required to close all, or part of, our operations and services. In such circumstances, you may be entitled to pause your membership for the period of closure. We will endeavour to advise you in advance of such a situation, where possible, unless the issue is urgent or an emergency. Where possible, we will try to ensure that any such closures are in off peak hours and are kept to a minimum.
We are proud to provide a friendly and welcoming environment to all customers and visitors. As a member of Resistance Climbing Gym, you are required to adhere to the following ‘house rules’. It is our expectation that:
• You always take care of the facilities and leave them in a clean and tidy state.
• You be respectful of other people and their belongings.
• You comply with all health and safety requirements.
• You must not allow other people into the building outside of staffed hours. Each person entering must have their own membership access key tag which is to be scanned to allow them entrance.
• If you leave any belongings in a locker or cubby-hole overnight, we may remove them and place them in our lost property. We hold onto lost property for one month only.
• You are liable for all costs of repair or replacement if you cause any deliberate damage to the gym or equipment. We will review security video footage to help us decide if your actions were deliberate or negligent.
• Enjoy music at a suitable volume that will not disturb other gym users or our neighbours.
• In the best interest of health and safety for our members, no animals are allowed inside the gym at any time.
• in the event of an emergency in the gym outside of staffed hours, you must call the emergency after hours number
• in the event of a fire, exit the premises immediately, call emergency services, and advise other members to stay out of the premises;
• in the event of a natural disaster take precautions as required and advise other members;
• in the event of a fault, or damage to the club, please call the emergency after hours number